Kanye West, now known as Ye, is scheduled to perform two concerts at Gazprom Arena in St. Petersburg, Russia, on 10 and 11 October 2026. The shows will make him one of the biggest Western music stars to perform in Russia since the country’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022.
Tickets for the two Gazprom Arena concerts have been selling quickly, with prices ranging from 9,000 rubles (around $106) to 160,000 rubles (around $1,885). According to Reuters, the cheapest tickets sold out within an hour.
Kanye West announces two Russia concerts
Ye will perform at the 70,000-capacity Gazprom Arena, the home stadium of Russian football club Zenit St. Petersburg.
The October shows represent one of the most high-profile international music bookings in Russia since the start of the war in Ukraine. Reuters described the concerts as a significant appearance for a major Western artist in the country.
The rapper previously visited Moscow in 2024 and has continued performing internationally despite a series of cancellations and controversies surrounding his public statements.
His recent live appearances have included shows in Kazakhstan, Portugal, Spain and Albania.
Other international artists, including Tyga, Akon and Jason Derulo, have also performed in Russia since 2022.
Ye’s Russia shows follow a turbulent year in the UK
The Russia announcement comes months after Ye’s planned appearance at London’s Wireless Festival was cancelled after the UK government blocked him from entering the country.
Festival Republic had announced Ye as the headliner for all three nights of Wireless 2026, scheduled for July 10, 11 and 12. The booking triggered widespread criticism because of his history of antisemitic remarks and other controversial statements.
The Home Office subsequently withdrew Ye’s Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA), preventing him from entering the UK. Wireless was then cancelled, with organisers confirming that ticket holders would receive refunds.
Several sponsors, including Pepsi, Diageo, PayPal and Rockstar Energy, also cut ties with the festival following the backlash.
Wireless Festival organiser says the event will return
Festival Republic managing director Melvin Benn has since said he remains confident that Wireless Festival will return.
Speaking to NME in July, Benn was asked what lessons he had taken from the controversy surrounding Ye’s booking and the subsequent cancellation.
“Timing, I think, is an important lesson. I would hope that other people learn the lesson of forgiveness, because forgiveness is an important part of being a decent human being, in my view. So I do think that is a lesson, but that’s not my lesson. I think timing is an important one, but Wireless will return. We’re very confident about that.”
The comments came after the festival was cancelled within days of Ye’s headline announcement and the government’s decision to prevent him from travelling to Britain.
UK government opposed Ye’s Wireless appearance
Then-Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer publicly criticised the decision to book Ye for Wireless.
In a post on X, Starmer wrote:
“Kanye West should never have been invited to headline Wireless.
“This government stands firmly with the Jewish community, and we will not stop in our fight to confront and defeat the poison of antisemitism.
“We will always take the action necessary to protect the public and uphold our values.”
The government subsequently refused Ye’s ETA, with the Home Office saying his presence in the UK would not be conducive to the public good.
Wireless organisers defended the original booking
Following the Home Office decision, Wireless organisers confirmed the festival would not go ahead.
Their statement said:
“The Home Office has withdrawn YE’s ETA, denying him entry into the United Kingdom. As a result, Wireless Festival is cancelled and refunds will be issued to all ticket holders.”
The organisers also said:
“As with every Wireless Festival, multiple stakeholders were consulted in advance of booking YE and no concerns were highlighted at the time.”
They added:
“Antisemitism in all its forms is abhorrent, and we recognise the real and personal impact these issues have had. As YE said today, he acknowledges that words alone are not enough, and in spite of this still hopes to be given the opportunity to begin a conversation with the Jewish community in the UK.”
The cancellation and the government’s decision followed intense criticism of Ye’s previous antisemitic comments and actions.
Ye offered to meet members of the UK’s Jewish community
Before the UK government blocked his entry, Ye addressed the controversy surrounding his planned Wireless appearance and said he wanted to demonstrate a change through his music.
He said:
“I would hope that other people learn the lesson of forgiveness, because forgiveness is an important part of being a decent human being, in my view.”
In a separate statement, he also said:
“I would be grateful for the opportunity to meet with members of the Jewish community in the UK in person, to listen.”
And added:
“I know words aren’t enough – I’ll have to show change through my actions. If you’re open, I’m here.”
Despite those statements, the Wireless booking was cancelled after the Home Office decision.




